Treating Burn Injuries

mug-burn-person

TRUE STORY 
Nonso was a brilliant young boy who finished primary being just 10 years old. His parents, especially his mother was excited, she couldn’t believe that her ‘small baby’ was going to secondary school.
She was scared of sending him to boarding house, because she knew that in boarding schools things could go wrong anytime…(SHE IS A VERY REALISTIC PERSON EVERYONE SAYS SO)….she has immense faith in GOD’S PROTECTION TOO
She was very particular about the choice of school. …She decided that the school sick bay of whichever school NONSO goes to must be managed by HEALTHSTEAD ..  She has heard a lot about them….
….   She just felt they had a good network of medical experts 24/7..whenever a school pupil fell into harms way… During d search for a BOARDING SCHOOL for her NONSO….She spelt it out to d principals and even inspected d sick bay….
She wasnt a DOCTOR ,neither a nurse…she just knew d importance of having prompt expert medicare…every second might  just count on d long run . She heard that HEALTHSTEAD provided COMPETENT QUALIFIED DOCTORS..to their affiliated schools…. She eventually got a school …..and its SICKBAY is MANAGED BY HEALTHSTEAD…SHE WOULD LATER THANK GOD FOR THAT DECISION…
So off NONSO was packed to school….

During preparations for 3rd term exams, Nonso was strolling back from class one evening after , and felt the need to pee. He spotted a fence and decided to answer the call of nature there. He rested against the wall and began to ease himself. But Unknown to him there was a naked wire sticking out from an electric transformer just on the other side of the fence. As he began easing himself, his urine made contact with the naked wire. Due to the salt contained in urine being a conductor of electricity , current trickled up and this poor young man suffered 2nd degree burns around his genitals and pelvic region.

Then replace dose paragraphs with these….

He was imnediately rushed to the school sick bay ,where a  Medical Doctor posted there by HEALTHSTEAD …did the following…

(1)immediately informed HEALTHSTEAD HQ  ..and thereby setting into motion ..machineries that would involve getting the TRAUMA SURGEON,BURNS\PLASTIC SURGEON AND UROLOGIST..on HEALTHSTEAD BOARD to make immediate  dash to the nearest HEALTHSTEAD AFFILIATED HOSPITAL..where the boy would be taken to.

*HEALTHSTEAD HQ Sends  an Ambulance to the school with a MOTORCYCLE RIDER BLARING SIREN (HEALTHSTEAD IS AFFILIATED TO FRSC and is  VOLUNTEER CORPORATE FRSC  MARSHAL) To Help with d traffic.
*A CODE is sent to the hospital allowing the unhindered treatment of the Child,this CODE puts priority on ACCESS TO PROMPT EMMERGENCY AND NOT MONEY FIRST BEFORE TREATMENT.
(2)-The young boy was given
analgesic injection—cos he was in so much pains….
-The burn wound was assessed and details and images sent to the medical
team..waiting in hospt
-wound was rinsed with copious amount of water(as it was covered with sand,he fell to d ground writhing in pains (with Zip still undone) during the incidence.
-rinsed further with NORMAL SALINE 0.9%
-topical SILVER SUPHADIAZINE  was used on the burns site to prevent microbacterial in the air from infecting the wound.

-the external urethra meatus  was examined and secured to prevent urethral strictures from forming during wound healing.

NB:ALL THE ABOVE TOOK JUST 10MINUTES

(3)At this time the ambulance had arrived and taken NONSO TO the hospt…where he was managed.
What would have been the fate of this young man if not for the presence of medical personnel on school premises.

Contact Healthstead Today.