- YOU HAVE ALWAYS HAD IRREGULAR PERIODS: Now do not make peace with this sort of situation! . If your periods do not follow the stipulated 21 or 35 days cycle, you need to be wary. Because if nothing else, irregular periods indicate that you are not ovulating every month. This is among the sure-short signs of infertility in women, though such condition can be treated provided you raise the alarm earlier on. You need to ovulate regularly to get pregnant. Statistics show that irregular ovulation is the primary cause of female infertility. There are treatments to cure this condition, and if you intend to get pregnant in the future, initiate now.
- YOUR PERIODS HAVE SUDDENLY STOPPED: Now, if you are not a menopausal woman, and also not under any medication to delay or temporary stop your periods, be very concerned. Your periods in such situation shouldn’t naturally stop, for stopped periods mean no ovulation, and if you are not going to ovulate, you shall not get pregnant. Ovulation is crucial to pregnancy, and halted periods are among the clear signs of infertility in women. Immediately consult your gynecologist, and start on the requisite medication. Of course, there is treatment for stopped periods.
- YOUR PERIODS ARE VERY HEAVY: the flow of the vaginal blood should be moderate, anything above that, which normally keeps you in bed, is a cause of concern. Heavy periods are an indicator of no ovulation because the release of the egg from the ovaries triggers the production of the hormone progesterone which is responsible for giving you healthy periods. Now when you don’t ovulate, the lack of this progesterone leads to extremely heavy menstrual blood flow. This is a definite hindrance in your pregnancy plans. Notice this trend in your periods for a few months, and if they are consistently heavy, you need to see your doctor at once
- PAIN DURING SEX: either your periods are very painful, or you experience pain every time you have an intercourse, these can be veritable signs of infertility in women. Have you noticed blood in your urine or you have terrible rectal pain, all these are conditions of ENDOMETRIOSIS. Stats show that about 7 Million women in the USA suffer from this condition. And of them about 40 percent turn out to be infertile, because you have an extremely difficult time trying to get pregnant. ENDOMETRIOSIS can be treated and hence observe your body and don’t feel shy to talk to your doctor.
- GROWTH OF UNWANTED DARK HAIR ON YOUR FACE: If you notice a sprouting of thick, coarse body hair on odd parts of your body, this could be an indicator of PCOS or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. PCOS is generally a condition in which a woman’s sex hormones, progesterone and estrogen, are way off, which often leads to the formation of cysts, though benign, in the ovaries. PCOS have a bearing on a hoard of things such the functioning of your heart, your menses, and most importantly, your fertility. There are several factors responsible for PCOS such as the overproduction of the male sex hormone, androgen, and genetic conditions among others. But PCOS are among the important signs of infertility in women, so without losing time get yourself checked.
- YOU ARE LOSING EXCESSIVE HAIR ON A DAILY BASIS: Well, now hair loss is not definite indicator of infertility in women. There are several environmental and internal factors that can be attributed to hair loss, and infertility being one of them. An unchecked thyroid could be a reason for hair thinning or hair loss, as are anemia, autoimmune diseases and psoriasis. But again an important cause of sudden hair or abnormal hair thinning is undiagnosed PCOS. Observe your body closely, if your hair loss is grave and sudden, fix an appointment with your gynecologist, for it is going to affect your chances of getting pregnant in future.
- POOR SEX DRIVE: Either you are having extremely painful sex or you have genuinely lost interest in sex, both are conditions that need some mulling over. Stress, depression can often be the cause of a plummeted sec drive, and not to mention, there are a host of medical conditions contributing to the same including infertility. If you are not going to have natural, health sex, you are not going to conceive your baby. So, don’t leave it off as just another phase. A drastic drop in sex drive can never be normal and be informed, you need to consult your doctor about this. There are superb treatments to get it back up and running.
WE SINCERELY HOPE YOU ARE NOT SUFFERING FROM ANY OF THESE CONDITIONS, AND EVEN IF YOU ARE, THERE IS NO NEED TO PANIC, ALL THESE CONDITIONS WHILE THEY ARE SIGNS OF INFERTILITY IN WOMEN, CAN WELL BE TREATED IF YOU ATTEND TO THEM SOON ENOUGH.
AQUILA CLINIC & FERTILITY IN CONJUNCTION WITH LIFEBRIDGE MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS CENTRE (NO. 15A YAWURI STREET, BEHIND RITA LORI HOTEL, GARKI 2, ABUJA) NOW OFFERS PRE – MARRIAGE FERTILITY ASSESSMENT (@ DISCOUNT) FOR INTENDING COUPLES. AVAIL YOURSELF THIS OPPORTUNITY.